The Smart4418 CPU board is a quad core Cortex A9 CPU board designed and developed by FriendlyARM for industrial applications. As a successor of the Smart210 CPU board it uses the Samsung Quad Core Cortex-A9 S5P4418 SoC with dynamic frequency scaling up to 1.4GHz. The standard Smart4418 CPU board has 1GB DDR3 RAM and 8GB eMMC. It has the AXP229 PMU enabling software power off/on and wake-up functions. In addition its Gbps Ethernet and audio jack make it suitable for various industrial applications.
The Smart4418 CPU board has 2.0mm pitch double row pin headers(P1, P2 and P4) containing 174 pins in total. These pins contain most popular interface pins. By default we have P1 and P2 soldered on the board and leave P4 for users'applications.
In addition we have a Smart4418/6818SDK carrier board with miniPCIe interface for 3G/4G modules, SATA interface, WiFi&Bluetooth with on board porcelain antenna, LVDS and RGB LCD interface, DVP camera interface and RPI compatible GPIO Pin-headers.
The most significant feature is the Smart4418 SDK carrier board can take a wide range of voltage from 6V to 24V, this meets industrial applications' requirement for wide range voltage inputs.
When you connect an external hard disk to the board, you need to use a 12V/3A power adapter.
Smart4418 CPU board Features
- CPU: Samsung S5P4418 Quad Core Cortex-A9, with dynamic frequency scaling from 400M Hz to 1.4G Hz
- PMU Power Management Unit: AXP228. it supports software power-off and wake-up functions.
- DDR3 RAM: 1GB 32bit DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet: Gbps Ethernet(RTL8211E) with unique MAC
- eMMC: 8GB
- Audio: 1 x audio codec chip, 1 x onboard Microphone and 1 x audio jack
- LED: 1 x Power LED, 2 x GPIO LED
- Others: onboard thermistor
- PCB Dimension: 74 x 55 mm, Six-Layer
- Power: DC 5V, up to 1.2A
- OS/Software: u-boot, Android5.1/4.4, Debian8, ubuntu-core
- 3 x 2.0mm pitch double row pin header, 174 pins in total:
- USB 2.0 - Host x1, OTG x1
- Video output/Display - RGB Parallel I/F (24-bit), LVDS and HDMI 1.4a
- Video input - DVP Camera interface, ITU-R BT 601/656 8-bit and MIPI-CSI
- Audio input - Microphone
- Audio output - Audio jack (with headset detection) and HDMI audio
- Ethernet - 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet x 1
- ADC - CPU internal ADC, 7 channels, 12-bit, range: 0 ~ 1.8V
- External interface - SDIO/MMC x2, SPI x2, I2C x3, UART x5, PWM x3, GPIOs x24
- Others - Power key input, RESET input, RESET output, RTC battery input